A wake up call !

A wake up call !
An initiative of the Waterline Foundation

13 February 2011

More lifts in Rubber duckies

Have just confirmed with Fingal Head ‘Rovers’ Surf Life Saving Club that they will give me a lift over the Tweed River in their IRB, or “Rubber Ducky” as they are more commonly known on the morning of Saturday 19th February. This will be the 6th time I have had lifts across rivers or estuaries by SLSC on my coastal walks. They are great people and do an incredible job patrolling as many as 2,000 beaches around Australia each weekend in season – all on a volunteer basis!
When I get to Tweed Heads, I step over into Queensland at Coolangatta and then walk on into Surfers Paradise, finishing the day at Southport SLSC. I’ll be ready for a few Coopers by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment